Air conditioner Tips
- Clean your AC filter once a month. A dirty air filter can cost you money because it blocks the airflow, causing your unit harder to push cool air through your home. Moreover, a clean air filter will save your money over electric bills and prolong the life of your air conditioner.
- Don’t constantly change the thermostat setting, it causes AC & furnace to stop and start, which leads them to run inefficiently.
- Do not block your air vents. If your AC can’t get enough air, then there won’t be enough heat to prevent the condensation on the coil from turning into ice.
- Setting your thermostat to a lower temperature than normal will not cool your home faster but it will cause your AC to run constantly & run up your electric bill.
- Whether an apartment or house, the first & simplest thing to do is to seal the air leaks from the room.
- Use shades & curtains to block the sun and heat during warm weather.
- Set your thermostat to 78F (26C) degrees, as every degree of extra cooling will increase energy usage 6% to 8%.